Add to your skill set and your resume with an academic certificate or diploma from McMaster.
Courses are available online or in person in the evenings or weekends.
Because McMaster's continuing education courses are worth undergraduate university credit, you can be sure you're getting a quality educational experience that will be recognized by employers.
McMaster University certificate and diploma courses are reviewed and approved by a supporting faculty, the university's certificate and diploma committee and ultimately the University Senate.
For the most part, certificates require 5 core courses and diplomas require a combination of 8 or more core courses and elective courses.
Courses normally run for about 12 weeks, whether online or in person. Some courses are available in a condensed or fast-track format, requiring more hours per week but fewer weeks overall.
McMaster Continuing Education specializes in academic certificates and diplomas. Most of our programs fall into this category.
In addition to certificate and diploma programs, McMaster also offers professional development, non-credit courses and programs, and custom corporate training.
Certificate & Diploma Programs:
- Applied Clinical Research
- Business Administration
- Business of Golf & Resort Management
- Canadian Health Studies
- Clinical Research Associate
- Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Health Informatics
- Health Information Management
- Human Resources Management
- Leadership in Community Engagement
- Metallurgy of Iron & Steel
- Professional Addiction Studies
- Web Design
Certificate of Completion Programs: For credit, 3-course programs
- Creative, Critical & Design Thinking
- Health & Social Service Skill Development
- Health Information Systems
- Risk Management